Playing Styles and Interests
Acoustic Guitar contributing editor Steve James is a recording artist, guitar and mandolin instructor, and raconteur who tours internationally from his home in Austin, Texas, playing concerts, festivals, and club dates and teaching at a variety of music camps and workshops. He is the author of the Stringletter books Roots and Blues Fingerstyle Guitar, Inside Blues Guitar, and Roots and Blues Mandolin. His guitar, slide guitar, mandolin, guitar-banjo, vocals, and original songs can be heard on numerous solo recordings, including Boom Chang on Burnside Records and Not for Highway Use, a retrospective compilation on his own Settlement Records.
- What Kinds of Guitars Did the Early Bluesmen Play?
- Learn to Play the Classic Blues Tune “Things About Comin’ My Way”
- Learn to Play "Lonesome Weary Blues"
- Play the Classic Blues Tune "Way Out on the Desert"
- Do the Mandolin Boogie
- Walkin' the Basses
- Blue Notes and Tremolo for Mandolin
- Learn to Play the Traditional Tune "Railroad Bill"