Acoustic Guitar contributing editor Orville Johnson is a Seattle-based singer, guitarist, teacher, writer, and record producer. He is the author of the Stringletter series Acoustic Blues Guitar Basics and has several CDs available, including the all-instrumental Dobro album, Slide and Joy. He also teaches at the International Guitar Seminar, Puget Sound Guitar Workshop, and Mike Dowling’s Greater Yellowstone Music Camp.
My Guitars & Gear
- Learn to Play the Classic Blues Song "Oh Daddy"
- Swingin' Blues Soloing with Arpeggios
- Learn to Play the Traditional Tune "Duncan and Brady"
- Learn to Play the Traditional Tune “Ain’t No Grave Gonna Hold My Body Down”
- Kelly Joe Phelps Slide Lesson
- 1970s LoPrinzi LR-15
- How to Go From Standard to Open-G Tuning
- Play the Classic Blues Song "The Dardanella Blues"
- Learn to Play the Blues Classic "Careless Love"
- Blues Shuffle Lesson
- Play a Ragtime Blues Thumb Roll
- Improvising on a Melody
- Learn to Play the Traditional Tune "St. Louis Blues"
- Use Slides, Hammer-Ons, and Pull-Offs to Minimize Pick Strokes