Mark Segal Kemp
Mark Segal Kemp is the Editor of Acoustic Guitar magazine. The author of Dixie Lullaby: A Story of Music, Race & New Beginnings in a New South (Free Press/Simon & Schuster, 2004), Kemp was nominated for a Grammy In 1997 for his liner notes to Farewells & Fantasies, a three-disc retrospective of music by ’60s protest folksinger Phil Ochs. Kemp has written about music since the late 1980s for media outlets including Option, Rolling Stone, The New York Times, The Charlotte Observer, Harp, Paste, and many others. In the late '90s and early 2000s, he served as music editor of Rolling Stone and vice president of music editorial for MTV Networks, respectively.
- AG Contributors Release New Albums, Kickstarter Campaign
- Album Review: 'Prospect Hill' by Dom Flemons
- Acoustic Guitar Sessions Presents Richard Thompson
- Acoustic Guitar Sessions Presents Ani DiFranco
- Acoustic Guitar Sessions Presents Chris Smither
- Acoustic Guitar Sessions Presents Meklit
- From the Home Office: Vintage Guitars, a Punk Icon, and a New Editor
- Ben and Ellen Harper Keep it in the Family with 'Childhood Home'
- Rodrigo y Gabriela Roar Back to Life with '9 Dead Alive'
- Acoustic Guitar Sessions Presents Sarah Lee Guthrie & Johnny Irion
- VIDEO: Ricky Skaggs Awe-Struck at Merlefest
- Acoustic Guitar Sessions Presents Valerie June
- EXCLUSIVE: Nathan Bell Premieres Powerful New Video for "Names"
- EXCLUSIVE SONG: Singer-Songwriter Patrick Park Premieres ‘My Holding Hand is Empty’
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ani DiFranco Speaks Candidly About 'Plantation' Controversy
- Art of Guitar in Santa Cruz Includes Dali-like Playfulness
- Folk Alliance 2014 Spotlights Diversity
- James Taylor Speaks Out Against Fracking in North Carolina TV Ad
- Pete Seeger Dead at 94
- Woody Guthrie’s 33 New Year’s Resolutions From 1943
- Keith Richards Turns 70
- Freedy Johnston Packs the House in San Francisco