David Hamburger is the author of more than a dozen books, including the Stringletter books Acoustic Guitar Slide Basics, the Acoustic Guitar Method, Early Jazz and Swing Songs for Guitar, and The Acoustic Guitar Fingerstyle Method. Hamburger has been playing folk and blues music since first picking up the guitar at the age of 12 and has been on the faculty of the National Guitar Workshop since 1988. His guitar, slide guitar, and Dobro playing can be heard on his solo albums King of the Brooklyn Delta (Chester, 1994) and Indigo Rose (Chester, 1999), as well as numerous independent recordings. He lives in Austin, Texas.
- Travis Picking Basics
- The Alternating Bass
- Three Tips for Playing Chords Cleanly
- Learn to Play “Scarborough Fair”
- Seventh Chords
- Country Backup Basics
- Play the Traditional Song “Darling Corey”
- Learn to Easily Switch Between Chords
- Hold On!
- Learn to Play the Classic Jazz Tune "After You've Gone"
- Country Blues Guitar in Open C
- Finessing the V Chord in Slide Melodies
- How to Choose a Slide
- Add a Percussive Groove to Your Playing with Fretting-Hand Muting
- Quarter-Tone Slides
- Learn the Jazz Classic "T'ain't Nobody's Business if I Do"
- I Ain't Got Nobody
- Use Call-and-Response in Your Blues Leads
- Transposing Your Slide Melodies