David Hamburger is the author of more than a dozen books, including the Stringletter books Acoustic Guitar Slide Basics, the Acoustic Guitar Method, Early Jazz and Swing Songs for Guitar, and The Acoustic Guitar Fingerstyle Method. Hamburger has been playing folk and blues music since first picking up the guitar at the age of 12 and has been on the faculty of the National Guitar Workshop since 1988. His guitar, slide guitar, and Dobro playing can be heard on his solo albums King of the Brooklyn Delta (Chester, 1994) and Indigo Rose (Chester, 1999), as well as numerous independent recordings. He lives in Austin, Texas.
- Transposing Your Slide Melodies
- Use Call-and-Response in Your Blues Leads
- I Ain't Got Nobody
- Learn the Jazz Classic "T'ain't Nobody's Business if I Do"
- Quarter-Tone Slides
- Fretting-Hand Muting
- How to Choose a Slide
- Finessing the V Chord in Slide Melodies
- Country Blues Guitar in Open C
- Learn to Play the Classic Jazz Tune "After You've Gone"
- Hold On!
- Learn to Easily Switch Between Chords
- Play the Traditional Song “Darling Corey”
- Country Backup Basics
- Seventh Chords
- Learn to Play “Scarborough Fair”
- Three Tips for Playing Chords Cleanly
- The Alternating Bass