I Love This Guitar!
Oldest replies displayed first - click to reverse
I Love This Guitar!
The most amazing and unique guitar I have ever seen!! It can do everything but make coffee! And she's a beauty as well! Boulder Creek Guitars ECGC-7VB is - Innovation, superior craftsmanship and visual/sonic art brought to the next level.
Here are some of the major innovations and highlights of the ECGC-7VB and why I like them:
1. First the ECGC-7VB has a beautiful Violin Burst solid spruce top and a radically effective offset sound hole. The violin burst finish is a major part of what makes this guitar such a treat for the eyes! And the offset sound hole on the top allows you to hear the sound more clearly than sound emanating from the traditional central location
2. In fact, there are actually two sound holes in this incomparable, ground breaking design! The side hole points up at you and lets you hear every rich, beautiful tone emanating from this instrument.
3. It comes with the incredible, ground breaking AB4-T preamp and an undersaddle piezo pickup. The preamp includes a chromatic tuner, which bypasses the output when it is switched on. A four-band EQ (brilliance, treble, mid, and bass) with sliding controls. A volume knob; and a phase switch. All of this right at your fingertips! That's the ultimate in no fuss convenience in my book. You really need to try this fully integrated cutting edge technology first hand to fully appreciate it.
4. And if that isn't enough, the AB4-T has both a 1/4-inch unbalanced jack (direct to your amp) and a balanced XLR which you can plug directly into your DAW's interface. No more mic'ing the guitar, unless you want to!
5. Inside, the guitar has innovative lightweight aluminum tone bars mounted to plastic brackets that are glued to the top and designed to provide extra strength to the soundboard while still allowing the top to vibrate freely, enhancing the guitar's sustain and resonance. Really innovative and so much better than wooden bracing alone.
6. Finally, top it all off with the quartersawn flamed maple sides and back. The color and warmth is the perfect choice to compliment the Violin Burst top!
And after all is said and done, the super close, no buzz action of the neck made me think I was playing on the fretboard of an electric guitar! Lastly and perhaps most importantly is the sound that you get is incredible. Thank you Boulder Creek for building the ECGC-7VB, and for someone in my financial strata - pricing it so reasonably that I didn't have to take out a second mortgage to be able to own one.
Here are the the official specs:
Product Name: Boulder Creek ECGC-7VB.
Grand concert body size.
Solid spruce top with wood. X-brace and Suspended Bracing System.
Laminated flamed maple back and sides.
1 11/16-inch nut width.
Proprietary undersaddle pickup and AB4-T preamp.
Sub-CategoryGrand Concert (00).
Posted 4 months ago by Al Snyder
to join the discussion